[va-richmond-general] Pocahontas State Park

  • From: "Jeremy and Kristen McEntire" <jkmcentire@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 22:15:56 -0400

A couple of friends came with me to bird Pocahontas this morning. The 2 best birds were a Black&White Warbler heard near the entrance and a silent Yellow-throated Warbler in a pine tree near Beaver Lake. Does anyone know if these are breeders at Pocahontas? Others seen/heard include Y-B Cuckoo, Scarlet Tanager, Acadian Flycatcher, Pileated Woodpecker, Common Yellowthroat. I thought I may have heard a Louisiana Waterthrush for a second, but I didn't see either of the birds that were there last week.

Jeremy McEntire