[va-richmond-general] PWMA July 3rd

  • From: "Andrea Conkle" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "andiconk@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 13:49:32 -0700

For early July, we were fortunate to have a comfortable, albeit humid, day in
which to do our schtuff. While setting up nets, we had to address the
aftermath of this past week’s stormy weather. Equipment had been covered in
muddy silt and stormwater had carried off one of our stake-and-tethers that
support the poles.

On our first net run at daybreak, mist came off the pond and wafted into the
surrounding vegetation—missed opportunity for a beautiful picture to share.
Other than a super-busy 2nd run at 6:40 (yes, that’s a.m.), business plodded
along at a leisurely pace. We found 15 birds in the nets. Here are our
findings:

Hooded Warbler 3 (2 recaps)
Acadian Flycatcher 1
Black-and-white Warbler 1