[va-richmond-general] Re: P.S re ages of returned adult prothonotaries at Dutch Gap

  • From: David Bryan <dbryan.audubon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nancym.ambler@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:32:00 -0400

Hello Nancy and all,

I haven't seen anything that National Audubon has put out on passerine
species per se, but a recent article highlighted Arctic-breeding birds which
will soon start to return. Here is the link:
http://web1.audubon.org/news/pressRelease.php?id=2700

<http://web1.audubon.org/news/pressRelease.php?id=2700>All the best,

David Bryan
Virginia Important Bird Areas Program

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Nancy Ambler <nancym.ambler@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Bob - Thank you so much for the continuing information about the warblers
> and for your ongoing work and that of your team, even throughout this severe
> heat.  Your most recent "individual interest" story highlights for me an
> increasing concern I have about the oil cataclysm in the Gulf:  What will be
> the effect on the thousands of our beloved birds (warblers, thrushes, and so
> many others) who stage on the barrier islands there prior to their
> cross-Gulf journey this fall?  I have not seen this issue raised in any
> national (or local) press reports regarding the growing tragedy for wildlife
> (and people).  Is anyone anywhere (National Audubon, perhaps?) focusing on
> this issue and publicizing the same?
>
> I send this message to you personally and to those included in the RAS
> ListServe mailings with the hope that someone has better information than I
> relating to this matter and, if so, you will pass such information along. If
> the matter is not one of focus, then perhaps we, as lovers of birds and
> other wild creatures and places and as RAS members, can request NAS to
> create a press release about the same and provide the information to all
> appropriate national media.  Regionally, it also seems pertinent given
> proposed drilling off Virginia's shores and the prospectively related issue
> of critical migration routes along the Eastern Shore and across the
> Chesapeake Bay from Fisherman's Island, et al..
>
> Again, many thanks.
>
> Nancy Ambler
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Reilly" <rjreilly@xxxxxxx>

>>> 7 1 0.8%