[va-richmond-general] Owls on the move this weekend in Powhatan Nov 5-7 2010

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 00:02:11 +0000 (UTC)

Awesome nights of NSWO banding in Powhatan this weekend. Netted 5 Friday night/Saturday morning and then 10 Saturday night/Sunday morning. The owls are most active in the wee hours of the morning. We saw a low of 29 degrees today when we closed at 5 am or was it 6 am...?? The falling back makes things tricky. We have netted 2 recaptures that were banded in Maryland in November of 2009.

Here's a couple images of these beautiful creatures.

Julie Kacmarcik

Powhatan WMA