[va-richmond-general] Other Interesting Bird Behavior

  • From: Amanda Sanford <ajsanford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RAS <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:58:22 -0700 (PDT)

I have a question about some interesting bird behavior. We have a pair of
cardinals that come regularly to the feeder. The male seems skittish, which I
would expect, but the female seems very curious about us and quite often seems
to try to get in.  We have French doors, with numerous panes, separated by wide
wooden crossbars,  so it's not like she is accidentally flying into the window.
She perches on the chair, ducks her head back and forth, and flies up the the
pane and bangs her beak on the window. Is this odd??
Amanda
Prince George

Access, No Cost.

JPEG image