[va-richmond-general] Re: Ospreys and Chipping Sparrow

  • From: WEalding@xxxxxxx
  • To: arun.bose@xxxxxxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:51:54 EDT

Our first spring Osprey showed up early yesterday evening at our lake  and
despite what must have been very cloudy water because of all the runoff, it
caught and ate two fish in quick succession.  It was still perched in the  same
snag when we got up this morning, I have to think it roosted there.   It seems
to have moved on, though.

Our first Chipping Sparrow showed up at our feeder today.   Interestingly, I
checked my records from last year and our first one of the  season also showed
up on St. Patrick's Day at our previous house in  Chesterfield.

Wendy  Ealding
Powhatan County