[va-richmond-general] Osprey nest facing Belle Isle, Richmond, VA

  • From: Pamela Smith <psmith926@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:03:27 -0400

Yesterday I took pictures at the osprey nest facing Belle Isle and it
appears to have 2 nestlings, age unknown.  Can anyone provide more
information please?  I don't have binoculars and am interested to know total
number of nestlings, guestimate of ages, etc.  A photograph friend will be
visiting in a few days and I am also curious about the best time to view
activity in the  nest.

I am attaching a picture to help identify this nest.  It is on the second
island to the right of the suspension bridge as you walk towards Belle Isle
from Tredegar St.  The nest can be viewed from the overhang on Tredegar
Street west of the suspension bridge.

Thank you for any information you can provide,
Pam Smith