[va-richmond-general] Osprey in flight and active nest near Downtown Richmond Rookery

  • From: Pamela Smith <psmith926@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:37:27 -0500

The attached pic was taken this morning, 3-4-11, at the 12th St. Rookery
looking east toward the 9th St. Bridge.  I can confirm this nest is active
as another pic I have shows an osprey inside the nest.  It's great to see
the ospreys returning to our fair city and as Ralph White stated, wonderful
to live in a city with easy visual access to such wildlife!

Pamela Smith
Henrico, VA

Below is a link to this pic for anyone who cannot access the other picture:
https://picasaweb.google.com/psmith926/OspreyAndNestNearRookery?authkey=Gv1sRgCP6Lx_rbye2NtQE&feat=directlink