[va-richmond-general] Re: Nighthawks at the Braves Game

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebuttons@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:14:08 -0400

I notice that these nighthawks are in the newspaper today. The article says
that although nighthawks are native to Virginia, these were most likely
migrating from the northeastern states to the tropics.

I used to see nighthawks a lot in Rochester, New York, when I was a
teenager, in the early 1960s. They would fly around in circles, making a
"beeerrp" noise, and dive down every once in a while for some prey.

Jim Blowers