[va-richmond-general] New yard bird

  • From: Lewis Barnett <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:44:32 -0400

I took a brief stroll around my neighborhood this morning just as the sun was edging along the treetops, and was rewarded with a new yard bird -- an adult Bald Eagle, soaring past with the rosy glow of dawn tinting its head and tail feathers. The bird made just one pass, but what a way to start the day!

Yesterday on the University of Richmond campus I found a lingering Junco along with Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and singing Yellow-throated Warblers. There have been a couple of Cormorants paddling around the lake for the past few days as well (not exactly rare, but they seem to mostly stay over on the river and seldom make the trip to campus). I think spring may actually be here to stay this time -- knock wood.

Lewis

--
Lewis Barnett -- Chair, Dept. of Math & CS, U. of Richmond, VA 23173
              -- lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx | lbarnett@xxxxxxx