[va-richmond-general] Nesting activity, Willey Bridge 3/6/08

  • From: "JANICE FRYE" <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mike Wilson'" <mdwils@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:09:21 -0500

A couple of days ago nothing, then about 3:15 I was going to get the kids
and pretty much every heron nest in the rookery upriver from the bridge was
sporting a bird.  I did not take the kids to school this morning and I did
not notice any activity yesterday.  There was also a comical osprey trying
to fly high enough to get a too-long stick or something onto the nest
closest to the river.  No time to look closer at the nests for incubation
(and no scope).  Will see what I can do over the next couple of days (anyone
else able to look for Mike and Bryan?).

Jan