[va-richmond-general] My first bluebirds nesting

  • From: "Edwards, Susan" <EdwardsSu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:23:39 -0400

A mating pair of bluebirds that have been hanging around our feeder
since late February (they've gone crazy over the cranberry fare and
peanut suet) have nested in one of my birdhouses. There are 5 eggs and I
plan to check today to see if there is a sixth or if the female has
starting incubating.  This is the first time we've had bluebirds
frequent our property regularly and to have them nest is such a treat!
Susan in Midlothian