[va-richmond-general] Re: More than bikers flying through RIC 22 Sept 2015

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "deannamail" for DMARC)
  • To: "juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx" <juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:07:15 -0400

Thanks for the ovenbird story!

Had our 1st ever hanging-out-around-the-feeder ovenbird this year in Eastern
Hanover; great to see it up close instead of just hearing it!

Deanna

On Sep 24, 2015, at 10:17 AM, juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Received a call of urgency at the start of my shift Tues morning from two
staff members stating they found a bird "down" near the entrance to MCV ER.
The bird...which turned out to be a pristine looking Ovenbird looked
unscathed and presumably hit the glass on the hospital and fell down
receiving a "bell ringer".

Brought the bird in, had a blanket ready from the blanket warmer and kept it
warm and calm during our "morning huddle".

After 30 minutes, the little guy was taking some sips of water and flapping
like crazy. There was a successful release behind the Museum of the
Confederacy.

Hit the glass or weary from a Birding Time Trial...hard saying, not knowing.
All went well and a few more folks got to sample a slice of nature :)

JulieKacmarcik
Chester

<OVEN @ MCV 22 Sept..jpg>