[va-richmond-general] Re: Merchants Millpond paddle May 24th

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: psreynolds@xxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 17:09:00 +0000

You do not want to miss this trip. A few of us paddled last weekend. The Parula's and Prothonotary's are right on eye-level. Many Kingbirds and Yellow-throated warblers also. Turtles everywhere and a few snakes. The lily pad "fields" should be in full bloom now. No gator sightings for us this time but they are there. We also had  Orchard Oriole, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Anhinga, Great Crested Flycatcher and just a great day in a great place. If you have never been-you don't know what you are missing. Wish I could go again this weekend.

JulieK
Chester

From: Penny S Reynolds/FS/VCU <psreynolds@xxxxxxx>
Don't forget, the (late) spring paddle at Merchant's Millpond NC is scheduled for this Saturday! Bring snacks, water and sunscreen - it is a great chance to see various wetland warblers, and the occasional anhinga and even alligators. Canoe rentals are available if you do not have your own canoe. We are meeting at 7 AM at the McDonalds located at the intersection of Rt 10 and 295. Please call me and leave a message on my cell phone 516 0862 if you intend to come. Thanks!

Penny S Reynolds, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine Research
Department of Emergency Medicine
B3-039 Sanger Hall
Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
1101 East Marshall St
Richmond VA 23298
USA

Office:   804 828 4911
Mobile:  804 516-0862
FAX       804 828 4686
Pager:   804 373 0436 / 3427
You are subscribed to VA-Richmond-General. To unsubscribe, send email to va-richmond-general-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field. To adjust other settings (vacation, digest, etc.) please visit, //www.freelists.org/list/va-richmond-general.