[va-richmond-general] Merchant's Mill Pond Field Trip Oct. 21

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:01:24 +0000

Hope you can join us for our 3rd annual autumn paddle to MMP in Gatesville, NC.
We always have a good time and the scenery is spectacular. Come paddle a
cypress swamp cloaked in Spanish Moss and look for winter arrivals and late
migrants. BYOB (canoe/kayak) or rent at the park. Rentals cannot be reserved
but we have never been there and seen the canoe rack empty. Admission to the
park is free and the canoe rentals modest.

Bring boating gear, PFD, water, snacks and dress for the weather. Some of
you....might want a 2nd set of dry clothes ;-)

Meet at McDonald's at Route 10/295 in Chester at 7am on Saturday with a full
tank of gas or at the park entrance. The trip is 96 miles from Chester. We will
paddle as long as the group wants or before the alligators get us. To sign up
call Julie Kacmarcik at 530.3660 after 8:30 pm and before 10:30 pm or email
juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/memi/home.html

Hope to see you Saturday,
Julie K.