[va-richmond-general] MAPS banding Powhatan WMA 19 July 2009

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dudley, Sue" <DudleyS@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Hierholzer, Sarah" <hierholzers@xxxxxxxxx>, waterouzel82@xxxxxxxxx, Mark.Kacmarcik@xxxxxxxxxxx, hardhindsa@xxxxxxxxx, michael.kacmarcik@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 01:38:32 +0000 (UTC)

Is it really July? The lack of humidity, gentle breezes and blue skies are making our summer days of banding great! We opened up this morning to the sounds of Green Frogs, Bull Frogs, Screech Owl and Whip-poor-will. A beautiful sunrise and plenty of bird song was a sign of what was to come. We netted 30 birds today starting just after sunrise. 8 of these were recaptures and the remainder new bands. We wer pleased with the large diversity of birds...especially our first Worm eating warbler of the season.

Here's the stats and some images of the day.

Kentucky Warbler

Northern Cardinal 2-(1 recap)

Hooded warbler 6 ( 1 recap)

Black and White warbler 3