[va-richmond-general] MAPS Powhatan WMA: 29 May 2006

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 00:25:20 +0000

A steady day of banding at the MAPS station today with a good turnout of
volunteers and birds. Butterfly weed is starting to bloom and Daisy's smiled at
us along the net runs.  The banding was fairly steady throughout the morning
until the sun got high in the sky and the temperature rose. We netted 33 birds
and had 15 species. Predominant warbler species Hooded and Prairie. We banded 4
Wood Thrush and had a nice surprise Orchard Oriole. Many Yellow-billed Cuckoos
and Black and white warblers heard calling

Here's the list.

WEVI
HOWA
REVI