[va-richmond-general] MAPS Banding DGAP 16 June 2012

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:05:56 +0000 (UTC)

Late posting on our 3rd MAPS session for the season on Saturday 16 June at Dutch Gap in Chester. The weather, unlike today was absolutely perfect. Clear blue skies, no humidity, 80 degree temps and a light breeze. True to form for DGAP our main catches in the net were Prothonotary warblers, including some dispersing fledglings from the first broods, Carolina Wrens (new and recaps) and those precious Cardinals. We do have a female Indigo Bunting who is getting to a "regular" as she has been netted 4x this season.

We were very happy and surprised to have 2 birds we have heard finally come down from the canopy and tree-tops...a Great-Crested Flycatcher and a very happy and strong, hammering billed Hairy Woodpecker.

Attached are a few highlights of the day. As always, thank you to the reliable team that turns out over and over again to make this all possible.

Julie Kacmarcik
Chester