[va-richmond-general] Looking for inexpensive pole/baffle system

  • From: "Les Harrison" <hlharrison@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 15:24:31 -0500

Hey-

Looking to pole-mount two feeders with 1/2 inch mounting holes on the
bottom.  Both feeders were purchased at WBU (gifts).  I'd like to avoid
WBU/C poles due to price and would like a pole that either comes with a
baffle or will easily accept one.

One of them has to be 7-8 feet in length in order to accommodate viewing
from a window that's 6 feet above ground level.

I was thinking of cobbling something together from galvanized pipe and
spraying it green, but I'm wondering if there's an economical choice I'm
overlooking.

BTW: Anyone know of a local independent birding store in the Richmond area?

Les