[va-richmond-general] LiveLeak.com - Crow & Kitten - Sent Using Google Toolbar

  • From: Kait Holzback <kaitholzback@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:19:08 -0500

*Hello Birder Friends,*
*I received so many positive responses yesterday regarding the fishing bird
that I decided to send along a couple more bird videos I found on livelink.
This one is my favorite.  It is long video of a crow who raises a motherless
kitten.  It is amazing.  It may have helped that the kitten is mostly
black.  I read in King Solomon's Ring  (Konrad Lorenz) that a crow may
attack someone waving a piece of black cloth--possibly thinking that the
person had captured a crow.  This is an amazing video, very sweet and
well-documented.*
**
*The second video is of very clever Japanese crows who had learned to make
use of both traffic and crosswalks to obtain nut meat from very hard-shelled
nuts.  This will follow as I can't yet figure out how to get these two links
in one e-mail.*
**
*After this, I won't bug you with my video finds anymore.  Hoping if ya'll
explore livelink or any other similar websites that you'll send your
positive discoveries on to me.*
**
*Have a fine winter's day,*
*Katie, South of the James*