[va-richmond-general] Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens July trip

  • From: Tyler Turpin <tylerturpin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richmond listserve <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:14:38 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

The July through November Ginter trips were accidentally omitted from the
Thrasher and website by the field trips chair and the webmaster.

Saturday, July 26 - Bird walk at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens (LGBG) with
Tyler
Turpin.
The walk will begin at 8 am; cost is $6.00 for non LGBG members. Advanced
registration
is required, so please contact Tyler to sign up at 317-9478
Take I -64 East. Get on to I-95 North to Washington, D.C. On I-95 North take
Exit
80, the Lakeside Avenue exit. Keep to the right and take the right at the first
light onto Lakeside Avenue. (You'll see the brown Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
sign.) Follow Lakeside. You will see the Garden entrance just after you cross
the
intersection at Lakeside Avenue and Hilliard Road. Walk begins with meeting the
trip leader in rotunda of visitor center.

Southward migration of warblers , vireos, orioles and tangers will begin next
weekend and migration of non breeding and nest failed shorebirds will be
underway too. Should see a lot of  Ruby throated Hummingbirds that reside in
the Gardens Spring to early Fall