[va-richmond-general] Re: Leucous Junco?

  • From: LORIRUTLEDGE8@xxxxxxx
  • To: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:07:29 EST

After a bit of consideration, I guessed --- junco?  I forwarded  the
information to bird bander Jethro Runco.   Below are his  comments.

Lori Rutledge
Richmond

...As for the unknown bird picture, yes, I agree, it is a junco.  The pink
bill is very helpful. Shape fits junco as do the terts and tail etc.  Also
being
on the ground helps! ;-)  I see a few birds every year that have  some kind
of mottling of white feathers. Always fun!...

Cheers,
Jethro

http://www.aol.com.