[va-richmond-general] Re: Least Bittern at Henricus?

  • From: WEalding@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:57:32 EDT

I tried this morning -- no luck.  I spent about 30 minutes at the first
overlook, between 8:15 and 8:45, then stopped by briefly on my way out around
10.15.

It was a very pleasant morning, and there were lots of other good sightings.
A male Blue Grosbeak was singing from a fence post behind the first overlook.
 I sat on the seat that overlooks the marsh on the back trail, and a
Yellow-throated Warbler came within about three feet.  It was on the ground,
gathering nesting material.  There was also a Prothonotary within about ten
feet.  A young Field Sparrow was with its parent on the back trail.

Wendy Ealding