[va-richmond-general] Last night in the Bottom (purple martins)

  • From: "d.b. sinclair" <d.b.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:27:06 -0700

I doubt that anything as spectacular as the Purple Martin spectacular in the
'Bottom' could ever be old news but Sandra and I did finally make it last
night.  We were located on the more Northern side of the Bradford Pear trees
and actually were able to witness the taking of two PM's by the young
Falcon.  One meal he consumed on the roofline of the Loving produce bldg.
and the other on top of a light pole to the Northern side of "Weidman's
Bakery.  His first pass was a bit early and he actually 'de-roosted' the
first wave of PM's to land.  His second pass was a piece of cake.  It was
truly a rare and wonderful opportunity.  We took non-birding friends who are
going back tonight with family and again on Saturday eve with friends.

D.B.(Doug) Sinclair, CAI, AARE

Sinclair & Associates, Inc.

 <mailto:d.b.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx> d.b.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx

(804) 423.5162  Office