[va-richmond-general] Lake Anna - Dike 3

  • From: Naseem Reza <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Birders <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:18:42 -0500

Lou and I spent an hour this morning at the Dike 3 , the site of the rare
Western Grebe. Thanks to all of you who informed us about the missing
Western Grebe which is currently in rehab after an encounter with a
fisherman. We went anyway and discovered why the Dike  3 location attracts
so many birds. The secret is an abundance of fish. We saw the tern-like
Bonaparte's Gull dive for fish. Also active were two Horned Grebes and a
Common Loon.

Naseem Reza