[va-richmond-general] Killdeer chicks on the roof

  • From: "Michael Shapiro" <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Richmond listserv" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:08:03 -0400

   No, this is not the name of a new musical :-). On the roof of the school
where I teach, I saw (on Friday) four Killdeer chicks and their parents. The
roof is mostly slanted, though there is one place in the middle that is flat.
I'd seen and heard Killdeer around the school practically all year, and have
seen them on the roof, but had no idea a pair were nesting up there. Always
wondered, though. Now I know. I watched as one parent occasionally sat on one
of the chicks while the other three ran around the roof.
Michael