[va-richmond-general] Re: Just the usual suspects

  • From: "Barnett, Lewis" <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<arun1bose@xxxxxxxxx>" <arun1bose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 14:03:57 +0000

I flipped a coin and ended up at the wrong place, it seems!

--
Lewis Barnett
Dept. of Math and CS, University of Richmond

On May 21, 2013, at 9:52 AM, akb wrote:

Had a look in at 42nd Street. It was rather quite, but still a few migrants
with the best being a singing Alder Flycatcher in the parking lot. It's
rolling, buzzy fee-bew song was quite distinctive. Other migrants included a
Canada Warbler, a Blackpoll and a few American Redstarts.

Arun Bose
Richmond

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Barnett, Lewis
<lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I dropped by the Wetlands section of James River Park before work today. The
only migrant I found was one Swainson's Thrush, singing near the entrance.
Everything else I saw/heard were local breeders.

Most fun was a beaver out on the river:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0xTfnf42jU