[va-richmond-general] Re: Juncos

  • From: Lisa Mease <kunsthure@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 10:21:02 -0400

I was in Black Mountain, NC (outside of Asheville) last weekend and ebird
showed a LOT of Juncos in the area. Black Mountain is about the same
elevation as Wintergreen so I'm not surprised you saw one there.
ebird also showed a LOT of Golden-crowned Kinglets and many warbler
species I'm used to seeing here at this time of year.

It's a sign of impending doom when the migratory birds show up early.
💨❄️💨❄️💨❄️ When I was in Tampa in late August, Bald Eagles were already
setting up winter homes.

-Lisa

On Saturday, September 5, 2015, FreeLists Mailing List Manager <
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

va-richmond-general Digest Fri, 04 Sep 2015 Volume: 14 Issue:
160

In This Issue:
[va-richmond-general] Shorebird Counts.
[va-richmond-general] Juncos

Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 15:50:42 +0000 (UTC)
From: "Mr James Shelton" <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:;>> (Redacted sender "james_shelton32@yahoo" for DMARC)
Subject: [va-richmond-general] Shorebird Counts.

Hi All,
I will be doing two Shorebird counts for World Shorebird Day is anyone
wants to count as well.
Dutch Gap - Twin Spur Point - 3:15 - 4:15 This Saturday. (Lewis, I know
you are going there in the morning, but I wanted to go when there around
the slack ebb before the max flood for possible shorebirds. I have seen
Solitary Sandpipers and a White Rumped Sandpiper there. I have a far away
photo of a woodcock flying over that is hard to identify.
I may count Chamberlyne Swamp Saturday too.

Bethel Beach - Counting around 11:45 A.M. This Sunday to get there at low
tide.
Let me know if anyone wants to meet me at these locations. If carpool is
desired, I will have to see who is going with me first, otherwise we could
coordinate.
World Shorebird Day is all weekend including Labor Day.

Global Shorebird Counting

| |
| | | | | | | |
| Global Shorebird CountingThe Global Shorebird Counting is one of the key
events of the World Shorebirds Day. This is not particularly a citizen
science program, but rather an effort to rise... |
| |
| View on worldshorebirdsday.w... | Preview by Yahoo |
| |
| |

James Shelton

------------------------------

Subject: [va-richmond-general] Juncos
From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <javascript:;>> (Redacted sender "
shannonnburks@xxxxxxx <javascript:;>" for DMARC)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 20:40:16 -0400

My husband and I are at Wintergreen this weekend and I swear I saw juncos
this afternoon! Are my eyes deceiving me? Is it too early?

Sent from my iPhone

End of va-richmond-general Digest V14 #160

-----
the hardest thing is rendering a moment moving too fast to endure. --
incubus