[va-richmond-general] James River Winter Count reminder-Saturday 30 January 2010

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 15:37:22 +0000 (UTC)

Happy New Year all you Hard Core Birders.

Attaching the intial write-up I sent out before the holidays with the information regarding our annual James River Winter Count...a bird species inventory of the James River Park system. Unlike Christmas Bird Counts we only note individual species-it is not necessary to keep count of the quantities. Please let me know your interest in participating and your first and second sector choices. I will try to accomodate. Many folks replied quickly but there are still a lot of you "regulars" I have not heard from. Maybe we will be in the "January Thaw" by count day. Always fun no matter what.

See all the details below and please email me off the list serv at juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

JulieK

804.530.3660

"Time to mark your 2010 calendar for the annual James River Winter Count held each year from 7a-10a with the wrap-up compilation brunch at the home of Mary Arginteanu and Larry Robinson on Landria Drive. This year's count will be Saturday January 30.  Start thinking about what sector you would like to cover. I will try to honor your choice. This is always a popular event-even last year with the high temp. only reaching 14 we had 30 brrrr-ders.

More information will be coming out in email after Christmas. The sectors are listed below. Please contact me off the list-serv with your choice.

42nd Street
Floodwall
Belle Isle
Byrd Park
Ancarrow's
Wetlands
Pony Pasture
Hugenot Landing

As in the past the entrance fee to the brunch is one suet cake or 5 lbs of sunflower seed to benefit RAS kids and the wildlife habitat at Swansboro Elementary. Also bring your favorite brunch item to share."