[va-richmond-general] James River Sojourn Registration Deadline

  • From: Larry R Lynch <birder6@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: VA-Richmond-General@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 23:21:51 -0400

--------- Forwarded message ----------

From: "Diane D. Dunaway" <ddunaway.acb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ddunaway.acb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 5:02 PM
Subject: James River Sojourn Registration Deadline

All, please pass this along...thanks.

The inaugural James River Sojourn will be held June 23 - 29, 2002, and
the registration deadline is fast approaching.  Now's the time to let
us know if you will join us for one or more days of paddling down the
historic James with other sojourners, enjoying wildlife, riverside meals,
environmental stewardship programs, a festive buffet dinner at Tredegar
Wed. night, Audubon society led bird watch, water quality and aquatic
plant monitoring, live music, white water rafting, and much more.  Please
register soon so we know how many to prepare for, for meals, shuttles,
tee shirts, etc.

Here is the site with our brochure and registration form:
http://www.alliancechesbay.org/stwrdshp.htm

P.S. Even if you can't join in our daytime activities and meals, you are
welcome to enjoy our evening programs at no cost.  Contact us for a
schedule.

Diane D. Dunaway
Program Coordinator
Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
P. O. Box 1981
Richmond, VA 23218
Phone    (804) 775-0951  x 3
Fax         (804) 775-0954
Email     ddunaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website  www.AllianceChesBay.org

James River Sojourn, June 23-29, 2002
See website for details.

ITEM #2

Agenda for Dutch Gap James River Sojourn
10:00 - 11:00 Volunteer to man gates at Dominion's flyash pond entrance

11:00 - 12:00 complete setup & have lunch

12:30 - Introduction to Dutch Gap Conservation Area & local greenways &
blueways efforts

1:00 - Paddle to the floating dock

2:00 - Restrooms

2:15 - National Park Service/Virginia Trails - Big picture for greenways,
blueways & trails

2:45 - Wetland walk - Led by volunteers from Friends of Chesterfield's
Riverfront

3:15 - Depart from floating dock for old river channel & tidal lagoon

4:00 - Arrive at Tidal Lagoon peninsula

5:00 - Henricus Historical Park interpretive tours (van departs from
peninsula)

7:00 - Dinner & music hosted by Sierra Club - Falls of the James Group
(tidal lagoon peninsula)

Public joining for dinner will be taken to the peninsula by van.  A van
shuttle will run from 5:00 - 7:00 and as needed through the evening for
participants to get back to their cars at the Henricus Historical Park.
No
cars will be
8:30 - Twilight Paddle led by park naturalists
(depart from tidal lagoon peninsula)

Janit Potter
Friends of Chesterfield's Riverfront
P.O. Box 2158