[va-richmond-general] James River Park

  • From: Naseem Reza <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Birders <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 23:21:05 -0400

Dear Birders:

Sunday morning at the James River Park between 42nd Street and Reedy Creek,
there were scores of Chimney Swifts on the wing. The weedy areas were loaded
with Common Yellowthroats, mostly juveniles. A male Black-and white Warbler
was foraging on on a pine tree just like a White-breasted Nuthatch and a
juvenile Eastern Wood-Pewee was flycatching high up on a dead branch.

I did see a Magnolia Warbler but could not get a clean shot but as I drove
in to my driveway, there was an adult Maggie near my front steps. Since I
had camera in hand, I got a second chance.

Some photos are attached.

Naseem Reza