[va-richmond-general] Re: JRP-Wetlands

  • From: Caroline Coe <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:06:21 -0400

John and I walked at Pony Pasture this morning.  Lots of bird sound including
several Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Yellow-throated Warblers and our FOY
Prothonotary Warbler singing along the river.

Cardinals, wrens and chickadees were into territorial activities everywhere -
chasing, fussing, singing.  The Virginia bluebells were in full bloom.  The
spring mating activity wasn't limited to the birds - we saw a pair of creek
chubs on their gravel nest doing their thing.

We'll follow our leader and post the ebird link to our morning's bird list:

   http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S13709078

Nice morning.

Caroline Coe
Chesterfield County