[va-richmond-general] JRP - 42nd St

  • From: "Barnett, Lewis" <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 14:12:38 +0000

Today felt a little quieter at 42nd St, possibly because of the early overcast,
but when I tallied up, I found I had seen or heard 15 warbler species in about
an hour and 45 minutes. Highlights were Bay-breasted, Canada, Chestnut-sided,
and Nashville. Magnolias, Redstarts and Northern Waterthrush were still pretty
plentiful, and Blackpolls were still everywhere. I had thee Scarlet Tanagers,
all up near the parking lot, a couple of Baltimore Orioles, and one female
Rose-breasted Grosbeak to round out the day.

In the past two days, various folks have reported 18 species of Warbler from
this location.

Complete checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/va/view/checklist?subID=S14143215

--
Lewis Barnett
Dept. of Math and CS, University of Richmond