[va-richmond-general] JRP - 42nd St

  • From: "Barnett, Lewis" <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 14:18:10 +0000

It was a gray, breezy and cool morning at the 42nd Street section of James
River Park. Things were relatively quiet, as you might expect, and as they have
been pretty much all week. Mother's day seemed to have come a bit early, as
there were families of Mallards and Canada Geese foraging around the gap at the
upstream end of 42nd St. Island (see link below for some video). I found nine
warbler species, Ovenbird, Northern Waterthrush, Black-and-White, Prothonotary,
Common Yellowthroat, Parula, Yellow, Black-throated Blue, and Yellow-rumped.
Only got looks at Black-and-White and Yellow-rumped. Still waiting for my first
10 warbler day...

http://ebird.org/ebird/va/view/checklist?subID=S13962592

Video of Baby Ducks: http://youtu.be/nHkEc3BUyhs (everybody loves baby ducks,
right?)

[Shameless plug: If you enjoy these posts, consider making a donation to my
Bird-a-thon team, the Crazy Coots. We're doing our big day on Saturday. Details
 here: http://www.richmondaudubon.org/birdathon/coots.html ]

--
Lewis Barnett
Dept. of Math and CS, University of Richmond