[va-richmond-general] Indigo Bunting vs. Blue Grosbeaks at Henricus

  • From: "leeanna pletcher" <thebuttons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:47:44 -0400

To All,
I was at Henricus today, Sunday June 12th around 11 am. I saw two birds on
the fence, very close to the entrance gate, right before the ponds. They
were both bright blue with gray beaks. I thought that they were male Indigo
Buntings. I noticed yesterday's email about Blue Grosbeaks at Henricus.
Today's birds did not have wing bars, instead they had black wings. They
seemed to have a thinner bill than the picture of the Blue Grosbeak. (in
Sibley's guide)
What do ya'll think?
Are both birds commonly seen this time of year at Henricus?
Leeanna Pletcher