[va-richmond-general] In the Mountains

  • From: Ann Brooks <acdbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:24:01 -0400

Last week in the mountains was big time fledging. All the usuals, but a couple on interesting ones. We had a Hairy Woodpecker mom feeding her little one from out feeder, as well as the ridiculous sight of a junco trying to feed two cowbirds. Poor thing was working herself crazy.

Does anyone know when Rose-breasted Grossbeaks nest? We have a pair but no chicks.

ANN