[va-richmond-general] Re: Hums here

  • From: "Bob" <rsiegfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:12:56 -0400

Regarding Hummer:
Although I have not gotten a hummer in my yard this year, I have had them
earlier than April 13th.  In 1999, I had a hummer on April 10th, which took
up residence for the summer.

In my yard today, I had some great birds during my son's first bird outing.
At 4.5 weeks old, his life list includes:
Myrtle warbler male in breeding colors (wonder if same one that spent winter
in my yard)
Chipping sparrow
White throated sparrows (still here from the winter)
Red bellied woodpecker
Blue Jays building a nest.
Palm Warbler

Regarding Red Bats
They are not legally defined as endangered or threatened. They are solitary,
so they are much less know than colonial bats. I found a dead one in my yard
several years ago.
Bob Siegfried