[va-richmond-general] Hummngbird in Chester, VA Nov 20, 2010

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:01:43 +0000 (UTC)

Was very pleasantly surprised to find this little hummingbird in my garden this afternoon feeding on the Mexican Sage. I was talking with my neighbor when I heard the buzzing wings go by. I think she thought I had truly flipped when I told her I thought I heard a hummingbird. We waited and watched until this little guy came to the flowers. I asked her to keep an eye on the bird so I could get the camera and fill a feeder. Not 100% sure on the ID-so any input is welcome.

Here's a couple very hurried photos.

Julie Kacmarcik

Chester