[va-richmond-general] Hummingbirds

  • From: Eackerma@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:27:44 EDT

We saw our first here in northside in the vicinity of the Botanical Gardens
yesterday evening and again this morning at both the back and front feeders.
Same bird or two birds?  .

We have a carolina jessamine which is in georgeous full bloom close to the
back hummer feeder.  Although the blossoms are yellow they are bursting with
fragrance.  Wonder if this helps bring the birds.  The feeders are in the same
position as they have occupied for years.  I tend to think that the birds come
to the location.

See you all at the RAS meeting this Thursday evening.  Mary and Larry are
bringing us up to date with a program on the MAPS bird banding project.

Ellen