[va-richmond-general] Re: Hummingbird

  • From: Caroline Coe <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:05:43 -0700 (PDT)

Our Chesterfield hummingbirds are in sync with the Montpelier ones and we saw
our first, a male, on Friday too.  I saw juncos on Friday, and the most
brightly plumed White-throated Sparrows are still around and eating lots of
seed for their trip north.

  Caroline Coe
  Chesterfield

Robert Coles <digitalnature@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  As reported, we saw our first male RTHU yesterday. Today we observed our
first female RTHU. Hope they get along. The DEJU are gone, but we still have
lots of WTSP.   Bob
    Robert Coles
  digitalnature@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Montpelier, VA 23192

    On Apr 20, 2007, at 8:44 PM, Robert Coles wrote:

  Today (4/20/7) we had our first hummingbird of the year, it was a male RTHU.
This is a little late for us. We are located in western Hanover County, just
north of the South Anna River and east of Route 657 (Greenwood Church Road).