[va-richmond-general] Re: Horseshoe Crab Migration

  • From: "Michael Shapiro" <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:54:21 -0500

    I've seen them along various beaches in Cape May County, NJ. It's quite a
sight. That combined with the literal feeding frenzy of hundreds of thousands
of shore birds. The best time (wherever you go) is the second full moon (I
believe) after the Spring equinox, which would be May 4th this year, according
to my calendar. BTW, Rehoboth Beach is in Delaware. If you contact the NJ
Audubon Society or the Cape May Bird Observatory, they can probably tell you
which beaches are best. I believe they both have websites.
Michael Shapiro
northside