[va-richmond-general] Re: Horseshoe Crab Bill

  • From: Heron329@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:14:45 EST

Well, Irene, most politicians are aware of the fact that people vote more
often than birds.   Given a choice, they will most likely side with the people
every time.   The problem is that we as environmentalists haven't made
ourselves
important enough.   We are voices calling in the wilderness, barely being
heard.

Another thing that I have learned is that the reason things are controversial
is that there are two good sides to the argument.   If there was only one
side, there would be no argument and hence no controversy.   If you had been at
the hearing, you would have seen what a good argument the watermen presented.
I am not saying that I agreed with them, I am saying that for the committee
members the watermen's argument was much more persuasive that ours.

Margaret

Margaret