[va-richmond-general] Re: Highland County

  • From: "IE Ries" <featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:23:28 -0400

  Jeanette,

  That's always been my position:  people who insist on having more than one
child, THAT is being selfish, and not the choice to have none, have only
one, or to adopt, or whatever.  As I was telling another list member the
other day, nothing irritates me more than when someone pays lip service
about the need for responsible human population management, but then
IMMEDIATELY follows it up with, "Oh but people will never go along with
that."  Too bad, as humans are going to learn the lesson the hard way if
they don't do it willingly now, today.

  So, I applaud those like you who respect and encourage the truly selfless
position, promoting and defending it - you're an asset to the planet!

  Regards,

  Irene in Southside