[va-richmond-general] Re: Highland County

  • From: "IE Ries" <featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:04:58 -0400

  How about by starting with some human population management instead of
interfering with the animal populations, who do just FINE without human
interference and manipulation.  We're the only species who doesn't have the
sense to responsibly limit our population.

  How about returning the emphasis of business to serving society, instead
of corporate interests treating citizens as though we are are here to simply
line their pockets, regardless of how they butcher and destroy the planet
around us.

  How about forcing, YES, BY LEGISLATION, automakers finally to put up and
shut up and give motorists better vehicle fuel mileage, as I am SICK of
their whining and moaning about "profit, profit, profit" and the selfish
idiots who over-consume. Personally, I could care less if they all go out of
business if they will not be reasonable and provide the electric-powered or
alternatively powered vehicle for which prototypes and technology already
exists.

  And while we're at it, let's not invade other countries under the guise of
"imposing democracy" or digging up Alaskan wildlife refuges which would
produce no oil for years and years.

  How're those things for a start?

  Pardon me, list, I am crabby today.

  Irene in Southside.