[va-richmond-general] Highland County

  • From: heron329@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:58:05 -0400

 I just returned from the first weekend of the season at my place in Highland
County. This morning the warblers came back. I saw both a GOLDEN-WINGED and a
BLUE-WINGED WARBLER when I went out just after sunrise. The phoebes are
building their nest on the window ledge, house wrens are building in the boxes,
and the goldfinches were everywhere. I had goldfinches at the feeder within 20
minutes of filling them up for the first time since last October, hummingbirds
arrived this morning, and when I left there was a BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO
 calling.

 Any of you that want to visit and add the Golden-wingeds to your year list,
just email me. We will be happy to see you. Last year there were seven pairs on
and nearby my property. Long may they thrive!

 Margaret O'Bryan

AOL at AOL.com.