[va-richmond-general] Re: Henricus-Wednesday afternoon

  • From: "Jim Strawn" <jimes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:24:37 -0500

Julie:
Nice report on Henricus!

After feeding the birds 30+ years, I observed three birds thid week I had
never seen at a feeder before.

A robin camped on top of my feeder pole system and repeatedly foraged from a
tube feeder filled with a woodpecker seed blend from WBU; showed up Sunday
and still here today must have been after the dried fruit. The same day I
had a pair of Brown Thrashers doing the same thing as well as feeding on the
suet. The next day I had a Hermit Thrush chowing down on black oil sunflower
seed underneath the feeder and practically ate from my hand when I went out
to replenish the supply. Also had Yellow-rumps, bluebirds, C. wrens, and of
course many woodpeckers. This weather really spurs their appetite.

jim
jimes@xxxxxxxxx