[va-richmond-general] Henricus... and Harrison Lake NFH

  • From: Larry R Lynch <birder6@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 06:55:20 -0400

Hi all,

First, I want to thank Wendy for "rubbing it in"!  haha.  I just knew the
Least Bittern would come out and "pose" as soon as I left. However, I did
enjoy the "fly-bys".

If anyone wants a relaxing and quiet outing, you might want to consider a
trip down to Harrison Lake Nat'l. Fish Hatchery.  Early yesterday
morning, I had a nice variety of birds including:  singing Kentucky,
Hooded, Yellow-throated, and C. Yellowthroat Warblers.  It is also a
great place to see Red-shouldered Hawks, Bald Eagles, waders and
shorebirds.

                Larry