[va-richmond-general] Henricus Sunday afternoon

  • From: "Kacmarcik" <kaz4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 17:17:28 -0500

Mark and I took a trip to Henricus this afternoon. Many of the ducks have
cleared out but there were at least a dozen Shovelers as well as Gadwall,
American Wigeon, Mallards, Ring-necks and Wood Ducks. We saw several Great
Egrets and a least 3 Bald Eagles (2 immature/1 mature).  The Red-shouldered
Hawk's nest appears to be at or near completion. Other sightings of note:

Tree Swallow (1)
Osprey
Winter Wren
Eastern Bluebird
Bob Wynne
Red Winged Blackbirds

The number of Heron nests in the rookery seems down as the volume of litter
is markedly up.

Julie Kacmarcik
Chester