[va-richmond-general] Henricus Saturday, June 11

  • From: ben saunders <betsyben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:43:56 -0400

We had a cool, breezy morning for our walk at Henricus.  We saw 47
species, most notably:
         Prothonatories. ..all over the place
        Least Bitterns from the second platform
        several Green Herons
        Redstarts displaying
        Blue Grosbeak singing from the fence
        thousands of hatchling toads on the paths and in the
grass...watch your step!

       Thanks to Randy Lewis for a good laugh over his mnemonic of a
Chickadee's song..."Shop on E-Bay."
       And to the two unidentified young ladies who did an amazing dance
when they poured water on a black snake hidden in the grass.

Ben and Betsy Saunders