[va-richmond-general] Henricus 3/25/05

  • From: WEalding@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:46:00 EST

No Yellow-throated Warblers yet at Henricus this morning, but there must
have been at least 20 Swamp Sparrows along the boardwalk.  One Great Blue  and
several Canada Goose pairs seem to be nesting.  Wintering  waterfowl numbers
are
way down from last weekend - the only ones left were  Ringnecks, in with
about a half dozen coots.  (I finally got my Virginia  year coot, after being
cootless in the state last year.)

Complete list

Pied-billed Grebe
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron - nesting
Canada Goose - nesting
Wood Duck

Mallard
Ring-necked Duck
Osprey
American Coot
Killdeer

Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker
Tree Swallow
American Crow

Carolina Chickadee
Carolina Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - singing
Eastern Bluebird
Northern Mockingbird

European Starling
Northern Cardinal
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow

Dark-eyed Junco
Red- winged Blackbird - males displaying
American Goldfinch

Can't believe what I missed - Blue Jay, Titmouse, White breasted  Nuthatch.
No vultures - I guess the cool damp conditions kept them in  bed.

Wendy Ealding